Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Written by Mike G

Topics: Wildlife

All year you stand with us and tackle the hard, serious and often challenging crises our planet is facing.

In the process, we’ve shown you some painful images–photos of orangutans left to die on palm oil plantations, tigers pushed out of their natural habitat. Images that are often horrifying and hard to look at. But these images also represent what’s really happening to the world’s rainforest creatures, and you’ve never flinched. Instead, you step into action with us.

But that’s not all there is to show. These animals are also hilarious, ridiculous, the cutest things you’ve ever seen…and just totally awesome. We thought we would show you that side for a change, to remind all of us why we work so hard to protect animals and the places they call home–and to thank you for giving this work all you have.

Thank you for all the emails and phone calls you’ve made this year. Thank you for all the rallies and marches you showed up at. Thank you for the donations you made, the direct actions you took part in, and the work you did to spread the message.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, from all of us here at RAN.

1. Monica says:

thanks and I fully support RAN, but how about the next time a video is made with RAN logo attached, not including zoo animals (especially cetaceans- animals with enormous migratory patterns confined to tiny pools)?

2. Richard Reese says:

I have to agree with Monica – it would mean more to me if you would include footage of healthy animals in their natural ranges.

This video, while I appreciate the thought, is not equivalent to the level of committment that people exhibit in citizen action. It is a bit of an insult even to show one’s time and energy reflected in clips of animals in captivity.

My suggestion is that you take the video down.

3. Gail Lynch says:

I couldn’t stop laughing, snorting,and laughing some more. Animals are truly characters that make you smile, and yes, laugh too. That is why I do what I can do to save our natural world. There should be enough room for everyone. two legged and four legged. I will keep signing the petitions, giving money when I can, until this madness of wiping out our natural world stops.

4. Keep up the good work. I met a couple of RAN members several years ago at the OFI Care Center on the island of Borneo. I can tell you from my numerous returns to that location that the need for your work is as urgent as ever. Orangutan orphans continue to pour in – and those are the lucky babies.

5. Jake says:

Monica – the cetacean you referenced isn’t in captivity – the orca approached a boat out in the ocean:

6. Brian Cotgrove says:

We all do our bit in some way or another, mine, of course is only a very small part of a terrific organisation.

All I can add is the Animal’s thank us for what we do on their behalf and though they don’t have a voice of sorts, one only need to take a look in their eye’s to know what they are really saying.

By RAN being around it allows it’s members to spread the word among our fellow “Homo Sapiens” & like a constant drip on even the hardest rock eventually an impression will be made, even if it does take time.

Keep on keeping on……….Good Luck..?? TBC

7. Jon Olsen says:

If you really want to stop the rain forest from being cut down, and I sincerely believe you do, then PLEASE pay attention. It is imperative to reduce the DEMAND for paper, and one of the best way to do that is to vigorously expose the reality that far more of the slick magazines in stores do NOT get sold at all, and are removed to make way each month for more thousands of tons of unsold magazines in supermarkets everywhere. We need to find a way to match the actual PRODUCTION of magazines with those actually SOLD. As it is now, the profit comes from advertising, not sales. What if the advertisers found out that only 10% of the ads they paid for were ever even getting seen?

8. Lynn C. says:

Thank you for the hilarious video! So much fun and the animals came out on top!
    Also, I want to thank you, one and all, RAN, for the wonderful job you’re doing and for your dedication to a daunting task. All of you that care and then put their ‘money where their mouth is’ are heroes and heroines of this poor benighted planet!

9. Hector Lopez says:

I wish you the best in this so a necessary work.

hector Lopez

10. joel gilchrist says:

I agree with Monica and Richard. Of the 9 clips shown, 4 were of wild animals in captivity. Supporters of RAN want to save the places where wild animals inhabit, so they can live their lives in freedom. Captured animals are contrary to those wishes and what RAN stands for. I was very surprised when watching it, and glad comments were invited.

I am sure you can find another video with wildlife in amusing situations, positions, etc. to replace this one.

11. Chilton says:

I love that tune. What is the name of the tune and the band that played it??

12. KC says:

Thank you for the work you guys do!

13. Peter Hoezen says:

Dear Friends,
    Sorry I have to correct your words: You folks are the ones we should say “Thank You” to. So do not thank me. You all are that wonderful people who give us the oppertunity to do something about it.
    So: MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
    Keep on going. Be healthy.
    Peter (from Holland)

14. We applaud and thank all of you! nothing would happen without the dedication and love that we all share for humanity, for our 4 leggeds, winged ones, ones without wings, creepy crawlies, sea life and beyond. we are all one in the circle of life.

15. Terri Middlemiss says:

Thank you so much for the “Thank You”. It is nice to be appreciated and the video was a nice touch. Makes me happy to see our fellow travelers in action being funny – on purpose or not. (I don’t care if they are captive or not – captive ones in good care bring a message to people who aren’t yet educated to their existence and habitat needs.)

16. Antonia Sarfati says:

That video was priceless!! It’s nice to see the stuff animals do that make us laugh and not just the horror. I love them all and hope we can continue to work at saving them and their environment.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!!